Snow monkey tours from Tokyo
Do you like to see famous snow monkeys? Well, "snow" monkeys are in winter only, and in other seasons, they are just wild monkeys.
To visit snow monkeys, there are several options. Regular tours depart from Tokyo and Nagano. More options are available from Nagano. Departing from the places other than Tokyo, take train to Nagano and join in a tour from Nagano. Regular tours are shown below.
Alternatively, we can prepare a private car from Nagano, if you need, for visiting snow monkey. This option may be ideal for small groups.
Snow monkey tours operated as package tour from Tokyo, Nagano, etc.
Following snow monkey tours are operated regularly. Please check the tours you are interested in. Follow this link for the latest list of snow monkey tours. Snow monkey tours from Tokyo are available but limited in number. From Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, private tour arrangement is necessary or you can just go to Nagano then take a tour from Nagano Station.
Snow monkey tour from Tokyo
Some snow monkey tours are available from Tokyo. However, days may be limited or it's too expensive for solo travelers. We recommend you to get Shinkansen to Nagano Station, then join in a tour starting from Nagano Station. Spend a night in Nagano can be a fun. Shinkansen tickets are available online.
- Snow Monkey and Shiga Kogen Roman Museum Trip from Tokyo with Lunch Buffet (available on Sundays)
- Snow Monkey 1 Day Tour with Sukiyaki Lunch from Tokyo (available on limited days of a week)
- From/To Tokyo City 14 Hours Snow Monkey&Karuizawa Shopping Excursion (private car tour recommended for a group)
- 3-Day Private Tokyo and Nagano: Snow Monkeys, Tsukiji Market and Bullet Train
For tours departing from Nagano Station, see below.
Snow monkey tours from Nagano Station
These are snow monkey tours starting from Nagano. Ideal for those who stay in Nagano City. If you are in Tokyo, you may take Shinkansen to visit Nagano. Taking train that departs before 8:00 am from Tokyo Station, you can reach to Nagano Station before 9:30 am. Then you can join in a day tour from Nagano Station to visit snow monkey park.
For example, highly recommended 1-Day Snow Monkeys, Zenko-ji Temple & Sake in Nagano Tour meeting time is 9:35 in front of Shinkansen Gate at Nagano Station. To reach to Nagano Station by then, you may take Shinkansen Hakutaka 553 departing from Tokyo Station at 7:52 on weekdays. You'll arrive at Nagano Station just at 9:30. This tour operates almost daily.
There are some other operators providing Snow Monkey tours. Please check below and find one that best suits to your needs.
- 1-Day Tour: Snow Monkeys & Snow Fun in the Shiga-kogen Highlands, Nagano
- (Spring only) 1-Day Tour: Snow Monkeys & Cherry Blossoms in Nagano
- Nagano Full-Day Cycling Tour with Snow Monkey, Obuse Town, Apple Orchards
- Full-Day Tour of Snow Monkeys, Zenko-ji Temple and Sake in Nagano
- Full-Day Private Nagano Tour: Zenkoji Temple, Obuse, Jigokudani Monkey Park
- Nagano Winter Special Tour "Snow Monkey and Snowshoe Hiking"!!
Snow monkey tours from Hakuba
Snow monkey tours from Hakuba are usually available only in winter, skiing season.
- Snow Monkey Tour (From Hakuba)
- From Hakuba: 1-Day Snow Monkey Winter Tour
- 1-Day Snow Monkeys & Zenko-ji Winter Illumination Tour
Snow monkey tours from Yudanaka Station
Our snow monkey private tours from Nagano
Apart from the regular tours above, we provide snow monkey and Zenko-ji temple private tour from Nagano (Nagano Station or near-by hotels). The price of the tour is around 70,000 yen for a 9-seater car without a guide. Please ask us about smaller or larger cars and English-speaking guide.
We can arrange train transport to Nagano from Nagoya, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, etc. Car hire from Nagano and Kanazawa is possible but not recommended in the winter snowing season.
If you are interested in our tour programs, please contact us.